Monday, October 1, 2012

Dexter Season 7 Episode 1 "Are You...?"

  Ok so I enjoyed the beginning but I figured that there would be a lot more screaming and confusion from Deb. Dexter did a really good job at playing the “I’ll lose my job, life, and Harrison” card in order to get Deb on his side. And just like Dexter always does, he wiggles his way out of impossible situations through lying and manipulation. 
   I’m so happy the writers included Dexter’s getaway pack. Every smart person in this situation has got to have one. The fact that he hid it in the drywall shows just how much he wanted to keep his apartment in season 4.
  I found it kind of strange that the writers killed off Mike Anderson. There was no emotional connection to the character and I don't understand why he was killed instead of a random cop. Maybe we will find out later.
  So right in the heat of this episode, Dexter decides to go hunt for another victim. Really? Of all the times to hunt for another killer, its after your sister caught you murdering the last one? Its when your sister is constantly digging in your past and questioning you on how and why you killed him? Yes, I understand the need to kill is strong, but you’re going to need to hold off for a while.
  At first I thought Dexter was crazy to fly to Budapest to catch some random guy, but then I saw that he hadn’t even left the boarded the plane yet.  Also, I’m pretty sure that you can’t just walk through airport security with syringes. Well maybe you can considering a woman accidentally brought a concealed gun on a plane without the TSA noticing last week. For some crazy reason, Dexter decides to kill a man in one of the most watched public places in America. Either he’s insane or reckless.
  One of my biggest problems with seasons 5, 6, and now 7 is that Astor and Cody aren’t in the show. Two major supporting characters are poorly written off of the show and are never mentioned by their Aunt Deb or Step Father Dexter? Disappointing.
  While I have criticized and torn this episode apart, I believe that everyone deserves forgiveness and a second chance. This season is going to be amazing. The last scene of this episode has redeemed all of my hard feelings. Dexter. I’m sorry I doubted you. I was wrong and you were brilliantly right... Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment