Saturday, December 17, 2011

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

          Well Guy Ritchie did it again. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows was extremely confusing but managed to be entertaining. At the moment, I find it hard to say if I liked it or not. It was well directed, written, and acted yet my mind seemed to not follow what was happening. 
          Not only was it more confusing than the first film, it also had a lot more violence. I found that much of the action replaced some of the witty dialogue between Holmes and Watson along with scenes showing Holmes’ impeccable intellect.  All of the action scenes were wonderfully choreographed and turned out beautifully on camera. Much of this is because of the delightful cinematography. 
          If someone were to ask me what the best part of the new Sherlock Holmes was, I would have to say the cinematography. While beautifully crafted, the scenes successfully conveyed the film’s desired emotions such as anxiety, fear, and confusion. Ritchie used a great deal of slow motion within certain scenes which was magnificent. These scenes are absolutely mind blowing. Unlike many movies, Ritchie made sure not to overuse slow motion which made those few scenes more memorable.
          Just like the first film, the acting and casting was terrific. I couldn’t think of better actors to play the characters.  The on screen chemistry seemed to be real, but also unique due to the amazing dialogue.
          While it may not have been an instant success in my mind, I cannot fully judge the film until I see it a second time in order to fully appreciate and understand it. Hopefully I will enjoy it more in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment