Friday, November 11, 2011

Bones Season 7 Episode 2 "The Hot Dog in the Competition"

          Still awkward watching Booth be the father of Brennan’s baby. I very surprised that Brennan didn’t inform Booth that she was having an ultrasound. Those appointments are very important for both the father and the mother. It seemed colder than usual for Bones.
          I find it hilariously amusing that there was a python in the abdomen of the victim. If you have read my other articles, you will know that Dexter is my favorite show. In the season 6 premiere of Dexter, the new serial killers murdered a man, put 7 snakes in his stomach, and sewed him back up for the police to find. I just think that this is an awesome coincidence between two of my favorite shows.
          The new intern is intriguing only because of his shaded past in juvenile detention.  I feel like we have been waiting so long for one of the interns to finally get hired, and now the show is adding another one. Luckily, Abernathy is incredibly smart and fun to watch. The way he calculated the weight of the victim and how to get the evidence out of the snake was inspiring and enjoyable.  Hopefully he will become a permanent character for the show.
          Sadly, the cases keep going downhill. I miss the episodes in earlier seasons that involved serial killers. Maybe this is because I am intrigued by them and I love Dexter. Also, I feel like it is important to have a permanent villain instead of a new one every episode.  It is hard to become emotionally involved when we never get to experience the collaborative forces directed at a single villain over a period of time.
          I am slowly becoming frustrated by the repetition of the show.  All of the killers claim “it was an accident” and the relationships within the Jeffersonian are barely developing. The two biggest developments recently have been the two pregnancies.  Bones seems to be declining to the point of a series finale. I’m predicting that the show will end within the next two seasons.  I would love to be proven wrong. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment