Sunday, November 27, 2011

Bones Season 7 Episode 3 "The Prince in the Plastic"

          I can say without a doubt that Daisy Wick is the worst character on Bones. While making comments that are illogical, she manages to ruin every episode she is in. However, she is the perfect example of a crazy girlfriend. In this episode, she focuses on the tragedy of a barbie-like doll being “murdered” instead of the actual murder. While this is insensitive, it also doesn’t make any sense. Who in their right mind would do this?
          On the other hand, I would like to congratulate Emily Deschanel for single handedly destroying my views on this season. I just learned that she became pregnant and ruined this season. I don’t understand why they couldn’t have hid her pregnancy from the camera. The Cosby Show did this for an entire season while Mrs. Cosby was pregnant. During that season, she was always shown with close up shots, or was having her stomach covered up by something. Open refrigerator doors and large teddy bears made hiding her pregnancy possible. This same technique could have been used on Brennan and the show would have remained wonderful.
          In the middle of the episode, the murder looked like an accident but later turned out to be murder. I would have much preferred an accident because most of the episodes turn out to be emotionally driven.
          Dr. Sweets just acquired his license to carry a firearm which makes absolutely no sense.  Shrinks stay in their offices and analyze people while real FBI agents go out into the field. Why would a shrink need to carry a gun if he’s going to be in his office?  It almost seems like the writers are trying to replace Bones with Sweets, which is a terrible idea.
          Because of all of the inconsistencies, I would have to say that this is one of the worst episodes of Bones that I have ever seen.

2 comments:

  1. This is your view, but I completely disagree about Emily Deschanel being pregnant in real life and the pregancy included in the show being very bad.
    I think it was a very good idea to include her real life pregnancy in the show.
    As for hiding it, don't you realise it would have looked quite stupid to have Brennan hidden behind things all the time? She is at crime scenes, she examines remains on a table, how do you want to hide that without it looking stupid?
    I agree it is possible to hide a pregnancy in some shows, but it has also been really stupid in some others where it was so obvious the actress was pregnant and they were constantly hiding it behind things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand. Now that I think about it, I am holding extremely high expectations for the show. Hiding that would be very difficult and would cause more confusion. I think I just needed a little convincing...

    Thank you for your insight. I TRUELY appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete